Old 11-17-2021, 08:57 AM   #10
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default My retirement...

Was planning for a long time and figuring out what I wanted to do. Got a reliable truck and car and bike. Starting to do overtime to get a little in the bank. Doing good then got hit by cancer with about 2 years to go. Got through that and went back to work for almost 2 years. Time to make the jump out. I left without looking back. Now been retired little over a year and never felt better knowing I will never have to go back there to those horriable people again. Since the first day I have been getting treatments and CT's and MRI's. That's going good. Still able to do my outside stuff. The thing I hate the most is I gotta get rid of my bike. Can't ride anymore. The surgery messed me up. Friend of mine is going to buy it. I like that idea cause I still have access to it. Maybe zip down the road every now and then with it.

I have a lot to do in the house. When I get something done that makes me feel good. Maybe I haven't lost that much that I can still get my stuff built and fixed. I make my day what I want it to be and not on anyone elses schedule.

Told my Dr. a few days before he retired not to wear his watch anymore. He said he wears a different one in the barn. I said not to wear that one either. Then said to him there is only 2 times a day you need to know what time it is and that is supper time and bedtime and you don't need a watch for that. He smiled.

Thank you for reading

s