Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts, memories...

This may trigger some folks so please do not read if you are sensitive to abusive issues including rape and other violence...

Few people can escape the horrors of daily living. Few people can get through their lives without being touched by violence, cruelty and ignorance. Today with instant access to news around the world, there is almost no escaping. North Korea's threats, Middle East turmoil, Ireland's cries, Israel's laments... and right here in our back yards... young women choosing death over life after brutal attacks, children dying in the midst of loved ones, while others profit.

So why are we sitting in our chairs at home instead of leaping forward to action?

Do we need engraved invitations? Awards? Pats on the back? A stipend?
Free dinner? Fame? Bragging rights? Our own reality show? Date with Oprah?

Every woman I have known or do know currently, has been assaulted by violence personally or through loved ones. So what can we do about this? Are we willing to step up to the plate? Without compensation? Out of our love for others? I say put our butts behind our words.

Stick our collective butts out.

Who's with me?
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: