Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

After my accident in 2016 i was forced into working from home, and i LOVED it.

I had an office space in my home, and had to be super diligent about going into it, staying in, not raiding the pantry all day, and knocking out my work and being efficient. It sure takes discipline.

Of course what I did, was bring my laptop into the back yard, played fetch with my dog while doing laundry, cooking dinner and snacking on whatever i could get my hands on, oh and having my mother over.

I was a huge advocate for people working from home, and did research on it. There are pros and cons. I think I am more productive at home, as I had non stop interruptions at work which totally pulled me away from the task at hand.

I’ve had employees that I could never let work from home, and others who would thrive it in, but its a fine line trying to impose this in the workplace. I chose not to let anyone work from home.

After I healed, I chose to work from home a couple of days a week, but missed my team and the social aspect of it. For an introvert like me, it’s ALL of my socialization.

For my side hustle wedding biz, it’s all done at home, except for the actual ceremony, and i absolutely love being in my biz space doing what I absolutely love. I hope to enjoy this part forever.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: