Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #14
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I work from home 2-3 days a week, and the majority of the people I manage also work from home. I get sooo much more done when I don't have to waste time commuting, or by being distracted by an office environment. I would miss the social aspect though, which is why I still go into the office some of the time.

Having a dedicated work space certainly helps keep me on track. I also schedule a majority of my meetings for when I know I am going to be home so that this way I know I will stay busy and it makes it harder to get distracted by the home environment.

Some of the things my employees tell me work for them is treating it like they are getting up to go to work in the morning. They do the same routine, they just don't leave the house. For me, I am like hell nah, this meeting is happening in my super mario pajama pants!

As a manager of an entirely remote team, for me what I find to be difficult, its ways to make my employees feel involved in company events, and properly appreciated for the role that they play in the company. I am constantly seeking ways to show my gratitude to them, and involve them in the company.
Sounds like you have a great approach! Due to the field I am in, I will never be able to work from home, but I would definitely have to do the schedule meeting thing in order to stay on track!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote