Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I have worked from home more often than not during my work life. In the beginning what I had to make sure of is that the companies were not scammers. Once I made sure the companies were reputable then I was good. The biggest hurdle for me is making sure I did not procrastinate which is easy to do of course when you are home. Once I conquered that I really loved it. I have changed my field of work a couple of times and have still been able to work remote in some form.

I say go for it Medusa- just make sure you will be good financially working that way- and most of all you will be happy not always having the constant co-workers around. Some people say they really want this at first- and then find that they miss it a lot.
Absolutely! I love the idea of working from home but I am a pretty social person so I'd need to mitigate feeling isolated.
I checked into some groups in the city I will be moving to and there is a work from home group there and they meet up a few days a week at local coffee shops and places with good wi-fi for think tanks and socializing while staying connected.
I LOVE this idea and think that might keep me from feeling housebound all the time.

And yanno, while I'm pretty social the idea of having to be somewhere 8 to 5 M-F makes me shiver. I've been with my company 9 years and come and go as I please and pretty much keep my own schedule so even going to work for a company with a strict "you must be here by 8am" thing would be an adjustment. Not that I couldn't do it, I'm an adult after all, but I definitely enjoy my flexibility
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: