The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
Hey Linus. Los Angeles is a big place, where are you planning on moving to? The temple I went to is in Gardena (near the beach cities or LA's version of the South Bay). There are great temples all around here and in the valley and out east. It all depends on where you are moving to.

If you would like, I can do some research on a temple that is close to where you are moving to.

Hope you are having a good day.

lillith
Heh. Yes, it definitely is big. As to where we'll be exactly, we haven't fully decided but are looking at West Hollywood, Van Nuys and a few other places. K's parents are near Manhattan Beach. I know there are a few Buddhist temples but haven't been able to find all of them on Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I have a very very good friend in Denver who is Buddhist. He and I have had some of the most amazing conversations around what it is and isn't for him. When we first met, he was an athiest. His journey has been mind-blowing to watch.

His wife and I share a Wiccan path. I find that Buddhist are some of the least judgmental folk. I admire that. It's something I really struggle with.

Love you, Linus!
Hey Arwen,

It is something that I struggle with at times (removing old habits) but I find that it lessens the more I spent time on Buddhism and the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path. Reminding myself of each reminds me that others do suffer as I do, even if that experience is different. And no one should suffer.

For those unaware the Four Noble Truths are:

1. All of life is marked by suffering.
  2. Suffering is caused by desire and attachment.
  3. Suffering can be stopped.
  4. The way to end suffering is to follow the Noble Eightfold Path.

And the Noble Eightfold Path is:

1. Right knowledge
  2. Right intention
  3. Right speech
  4. Right action
  5. Right livelihood
  6. Right effort
  7. Right mindfulness
  8. Right concentration

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: