View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #36
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to add, I didn't learn how to tell a social lie till I was in my forties.

Now I do things like, if I don't have plans for Christmas, and someone at work I don't know well asks me what I'm doing, I say I'll be at a friend's house. Or if someone asks if I had a great weekend and I didn't, I'll say it was productive or restful or some bullshit like that.

I save the vulnerable side of myself for people I trust and love. And it took me a long time to learn that's okay, maybe because I was so terrified of my parents when I was growing up, and didn't develop judgment about when it's okay to lie.

So I guess I erred on the side of full disclosure at all times. And yes, telling the truth has also gotten me into trouble with people, trouble that was unnecessary in the long run.