Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We must be linked or something, Linus, because I was just thinking about starting a tattoo thread this morning!

I have a few. If you are just looking at them, it looks like 3 separate tats, but I've actually been under the needle several times.

One of my tats is a rose and butterfly that I added another butterfly and rose to after a break up. I did the sure thing to end the relationship; I got a matching tat (and, of course, had to change it somewhat after we split).

My first tat is still pure. It's never been touched up or added onto and it still looks really good, considering it's gotten a decent amount of sun exposure. It's a band of butterflies on my lower back. I have no problem smacking the crap out of the jerks who call it a tramp stamp or trash tat. I got it many, many years ago before everyone else got one there too. Damn lemmings!

The other one was my most painful and, even though it needs to be touched up, I don't want to do it. It's the only one I almost cried while getting. I had to be held down and still my leg was jumping all over the place. It's directly on my ankle bone. Bone. Needle going 5 miles an hour. Not a good combination.

Anyway, it's a lizard climbing rose leaves and having a conversation with a butterfly (notice a theme here, people?) and a ladybug although now it kinda looks like he wants to eat them. *grimace* If someone has a supply of ether or enough sedatives, I might do it, but unless I can't feel ANYTHING, that one is not going to get any work any time soon. It's already been added to and touched up 3 times. I think that's all I can endure for now. After all, I'm not machocistic. I've typed that three times now and it STILL looks wrong. I can't spell for shit today.

While my first tat was flash, I had a clear vision of what I wanted and it just so happened that I found flash that was super close to what I wanted. Now, I would like to eventually have it touched up and gone over so it's not so cartoonish. I want it to be a fantasy-reality blend. Fantasy colors with realistic designs.

For those interested in what goes on before the ink goes in, I feel close to the butterfly. It represents metamorphosis and change and Heaven knows I've done a LOT of that in my life. Also, I was just first coming out to myself when I got my first tat. Life altering things lead to life altering decisions. I will always have at least one butterfly in any tat that I get. The ladybug and lizard are also representative of things I feel connected to. The lizard is supposed to help one go from one plane of existence to another and the ladybug is gentle. I always feel I could use more gentleness in my life, yanno?

So that's it for now. I have a bit of extra fluff in ye old account at this very moment and, for a brief moment, I heard the beckoning buzz of the needle, but it will have to wait. Car repairs, a laptop and a short trip are more important to me now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote