Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm an old fart. LOL, just is fact. It has been an interesting journey as someone that has spent a working and family life in positions of "authority" or key decision maker (teacher/prof, therapist, administrator, business owner, parent, conservator/payee, parent, care-taker, executor, etc.) and really be the recipient of so many teachings of the meaning of butch from many far younger.

Yes, there are friends from this site that are my age too that have helped with my really not finding my personal attainment of the graces of being a butch too. Mainly, I just feel huge gratitude for really kind of stumbling on to this online community (started in '08 on the old site) even though my late partner had been part of the way back when B-F chatroom which led to the first B-F oriented website. I did not join when she was alive as I felt this was her space.

I can laugh at myself now because I have learned so much from not only other butches but Transmen and their journeys as well as femmes and Transwomen and their challenges and thoughts on this truly awesome (as in how the term used to be used) dynamic and winding narrative through many, many decades. Younger members have given me the insight of their more contemporary insights concerning what it means to be queer.

I am a lucky butch woman in finding this community- I never loose sight of this.

Just some random thoughts.... and a thank you.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: