Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Yes yes yes, marriage is not the only thing on the gay agenda where rights are concerned.

Syr and i will never be legally married, She is my *next of kin* here. i have yet to figure out how much weight that holds here in Canada where i can list Her as my partner, but not my legal partner. Maybe one day poly marriage will be legal! Try finding loopholes in Immigration law without the benefit of marriage, it is NOT easy unless like Miss Tick said, you are wealthy. Wealthy folk can stay as long as they like without a problem.

i feel in ALL walks of life we should be able to choose who in the hell we want to to be with us in the hospital and to be proxy if that is needed. Being gay just makes it that much harder in some places, and that is what sucks.

i incorrectly thought when a couple states (MA for one) adopted gay marriage in 2004, on the state level, and the rest of the USA could see they didn't fall off the map, that the Earth still spins that things would change, here we are still begging for equal rights. NOT special rights, just equal ones. It is really a sad thing.

i keep saying *that's the first step* then the second step doesn't happen. i don't want anyone to have special treatment, i just want equal treatment across the board.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: