How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Well I certainly don’t need anyone’s acceptance, approval, understanding or permission to love anyone I please or to be exactly who I am. And I also want my basic human and civil rights. I do not plan on stopping wanting and advocating for them until I have them and then until every human being has them or until I stop breathing whichever comes first. However, I am very clear on the reality that I cannot achieve this alone or with only others like me. I do not need acceptance and approval on a personal level. But we all need it on a political level if we expect to achieve equal rights. I didn’t understand people’s posts about the good that can come from Obama’s statement as a cry to stop taking a critical view. I don’t believe politicians are anything but pawns for the financial elite who bought and paid for them. I have more than a critical view of all political figures. But again we cannot achieve anything alone. It is necessary to have support to affect change. I can understand both the impotence legislatively speaking of Obama’s statement and the monumental importance of it. I have seen many going beyond unequivocal cheerleading that have been quite delighted with Obama's statement. I don't think it is only those who are not unequivocally cheerleading who are taking a critical view. I also haven't seen all those not unequivocally cheerleading being labeled as "picking apart" and diversive.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: