Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I had a terribly cynical post composed in my head, but I think I will go with this instead....

Acceptance.

There are just certain things I need accepted from the get-go and I feel loved and things go smoothly. They are, in no order of importance...

- Accept the fact that I am a nice guy. I am not going to treat you poorly. It's just not in me. If you are the kind of girl who is attracted to jerks, do us both a favor and move along.

- Accept that between early April and late October my attention is deeply divided between baseball and everything else in the universe.

- Accept that I am not that much a "do it yourself" guy anymore. I'm more a "hire someone and give me the bill" kind of guy. This comes with age.

- Accept that I have old-fashioned manners and they are automatic.

- Accept that I have worked hard to communicate with women in an open, honest and direct fashion. If you can't take the heat, don't step foot in my furnace room, doll.

- Accept that I work a lot. I mean, a lot. And if it's an election year, a nice vacation awaits for you the day after the first Tuesday in November. My treat.

- Accept that I like to give gifts, buy flowers and don't like any fuss whatsoever on my birthday.

- Accept that I sometimes like to wear my green sweatshirt with more holes than a sponge when I am lounging on the couch reading a sports magazine.

- Accept that I like time alone and I'm perfectly fine when you go out with the girls.

- Accept the fact that stress makes me horny and I have a very stressful job lately.

- Accept the fact, too, that if I come home from work and find you in one of my dress shirts and nothing else, it is game on.

I'm sure there's more...but I'm finding it to easy to drift to cynical lately. We all deserve love. And if everyone clearly stated their needs from the start, I think there'd be a whole hell of a lot less heartbreak.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post: