Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Hey. I find this a very interesting thread topic. I have held true to the belief that I get a lot of who I am from my mother. I know I get some from my father but I really only knew very little of him, as he left our family when I was 3yo and returned briefly when I was 12yo.

From my father I am certain that I get my calm soft-spoken (for the most part) nature from him. My fair skin and light-colored hair... I will give him that credit too... but that's about all. Mom... she over-rides his calm soft-spoken nature with the loud stern voice. I have that too. When I need to. Like when a child claims I have yelled at them. "Stop yelling at me." My response is always "Oh, you don't want me to YELL at you!" My craftiness and imagination come from mom too. I can create so much with scrap material. I envision something and find scraps and thrown away items that turn into masterpieces. I hand-made, from said items, my kids Halloween costumes for several years when money was tight. Which leads too my frugalness. Yeh, mom gave me that too. I can stretch a penny till good ol' Abe is squeezing his ass cheeks to hold his shit together. Balance a checkbook to that Abe Lincoln penny... oh hell yeh. I pride myself on that one! Thanks mom!!

Blind faith in "my" higher power - It's taken me some time to figure this one out but I give this credit to my mom as well. She has always held to her belief and faith. I do now too - to my own. In that way she has definitely led by example. And there's that... to lead by example. To do unto others as you would have them do unto you. To walk away instead of causing hurt. To take a punch and stand back up only to laugh in their face - literally and figuratively. To dream big and give thanks.

I attribute so very much of who I am to my mother. She worked hard to do her best in our eyes... and she did it just fine. At least I think so. There are some things she's done that I would not do and have chosen to do differently. THIS I can only hope "my" children have gotten from me - To be their own person!

Last edited by jac; 10-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: