Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation
Default Apple Cake...I love this cake.

Apple Cake

Batter:
3 cups flour, sifted
2 ½ cups sugar
3/1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, beaten
¾ cup canola oil
¼ cup crushed pineapple
½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice

Pre heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a tube pan.

Mix the batter well. The batter will be a little heavy. Set it aside.

Filling:
6 medium apples, (tart) peeled, cored and sliced. I like them thicker like about a ¼ inch but some like them thinner.
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon

Mix the sugars and cinnamon before mixing them with apples. Set apple cinnamon/sugar mixture aside for 5 minutes.

Put a third of the batter into the tube pan, half of the apples, 1/3 of the batter, the rest of the apples and the remaining batter on top. Make sure no apples “pop up” through the top layer of batter.

Bake for an hour and 10 minutes.
Should be golden and a little crusty on top.

Cool

Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle caramel sauce over the cake. I loved the drizzled caramel sauce. (I tried melting caramels and pouring but it got too hard, caramel ice cream sauce seems to work best.)

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post: