Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #5014
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
This week on exercise bike I rode:
– 33.4 miles
– 2.53 hours
– Did 640 arm rolls

Challenges:
Am still adjusting food. Losing weight slower than before, but I also need to drop the cashews . Am better at relaxing upper torso but still working on it.

Goals:
Ride bike each day for at least 20 minutes. It's good if I increase my milage, distance, and time ... but it's okay if I don't. Right now I'm doing good as long as I get on the bike and ride at any speed. Continue tracking exercise (and weight loss) on spreadsheets.
I'm reading The Sugar Smart Diet (because I may have some pretty intense emotional connections with sweet and fattening foods) and the author discusses a couple of small studies done where they found that eating either peanuts or peanut butter as part of the breakfast helps control blood sugar and sugar spikes all day long, which in part, helps with weight loss.

How this connects to you? I can't say for sure but maybe changing the time when you tend to eat the cashews could be helpful? Or changing the type of nut you eat might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I have not been exercising much lately due to banging up my left foot, pretty badly. It's all bruised up, like I cracked a bone in my foot, which makes it hard to walk properly.

But I have been walking some.

We have a stretch of nice weather coming up next week, so if my foot is better, I will go for bicycle rides after I get off work.
I've dropped a 12x12 box of ceramic tiles on my foot so I feel your pain (literally!). Are you wrapping it? Compression may help with some of the pain.

As for thread compliance, I walked 10,609 steps today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: