View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Identifying the places and situations where you automatically light up, is a great place to begin your own plan. For instance, I used to smoke when I was driving—mindless chain smoking, until I reached my destination. I also used to smoke when I sat down at the computer, and when I was watching TV. Changing your habits around smoking can make it much easer to actually quit when you decide to stop smoking. I stopped smoking in the car six months before I quit, and a month before I stopped smoking I would have one smoke when I sat down at the computer or watched TV, and wouldn't have another for at least an hour. Breaking the emotional and habitual attachment to smoking, increases your chances of becoming a successful non-smoker.
I wish everyone the best of luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: