Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #27
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Awesome Dapper!

A lot of folks can't not a ford that method. Yes I know cigs cost that much too. But you have to go to the Doctor so that costs also it's just not the cost of the "pills."

I can a ford the pills and I have several friends that are in the medical field so I am able to get chantix.. However I am not one to take meds. never have been it's even hard for me to take something for a headache. I wanted to try something that would also give me something to do with my hands. Because that is "part" of the habit. So at this point in my journey, I want to try some other forms of quitting before I resort to a pill.

So happy for everyone that has use Chantix and it's worked! I hear it gives you amazing dreams! *smirk*
Yes, strappie, definitely it is to each their own when it comes to taking medications of any kind. And the cost is why I mentioned that some States pay for it. Here you only have a number you need to call and they will send you a paper in the mail you just give to your pharmacist and you get it for free!

Driving and smoking...yep, another tough one. Some have picked up one of those "fake cigs" ...it is just one long filter (can get it in a drug store) and held that while driving. I kept a toothpick in my mouth. My Dad did it by always having a Life Saver in his mouth (but, then started getting cavities! lol). You have to find out your own, best method.

Put the smokes in an area of the house where you are not sitting. Then you are forced to get up every time in order to have a cig, so it gives you time to think about it. If you smoke inside your home, only smoke outside and ask any roommates you have to do the same!

Dixie you are right that Holidays may not be a good time to quit/take that next step.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: