Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any children. My partner has a son, but I did not come into his life until he was 15 years old and although he sees me as a "parental figure", since I came so late into the game (and have only been in his life for a couple of years), I am not regarded as his parent, per se.

My guess, is that even with all my education in human development and psychological theory, I would not parent as well as my parents did. They were just too good at parenting, too giving. Doubt I could match it.

If I had a child I would replicate the setting of limits, setting of boundaries, and emotional support I received as a child.

The only thing that I can think of to change, is that I would expect the child to pay towards their college education, even if I was able to afford to pay all of it. I see it as a character building sort of thing and their having an investment in their education.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: