How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fish View Post
Yep.
Queer butch over here too.

It's the only thing that really conveys the seamless and fluid way that both my masculine and feminine "live" together in me. On any given day I feel about 60-70% masculine with the balance my innate female side. I'm incredibly comfortable in my skin and inhabit my masculine exterior with genuine ease. Now I'm straying a bit into presentation but I'll also say this--there is no way anyone is going to see me as anything other than queer. I am a Butch. Capital B thank you, it's a noun. When I walk into a room, I instantly broadcast who and what I am about--there is no mistaking it! lol----I find it to be very efficient !
Those men and women who choose to interact and engage with me have essentially self-selected for being okay with women, lesbians and butches. I've become my own litmus test.

But queering the norm?--yeah, that's how I feel too.

The label "queer" is also certainly age cohort dependent too imo--I find that other LGBTetc folks who are >35yo tend to shy away from using it--I assume because they were largely influenced buy the gender theories of 2nd wave feminism. Certainly younger folks are more apt to embrace "queer" without stigma.
I easily recognize myself in what you said here about instantly broadcasting who and what you are about when you walk into a room, I do that as well. And I do identify as queer and certainly as butch. I also identify as a woman, a lesbian and a feminist. I don’t think I was as influenced by the gender theories of 2nd wave feminism as I was by women’s position in society and because of this I find that women’s issues will forever be of utmost importance for me. I direct my energy first toward the queer community. But women’s issues in general are very important to me. I still feel very comfortable with the label queer though. No stigma to me. It has always felt right.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: