View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #47
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

For me, coming around to claiming queer took a while, I only solidly claimed it about a couple of years ago.

For years I would see the definition that Stacy posted and think "yeah that's alot of me". But Queer always carried a social stigma where I come from - the South. It always seemed like saying the N word or F*g word. Derrogatory somehow.

But as my journey progressed, I am so diverse in my sexuality and presentation that no other labels truely fit me. I am bi-sexual, except I haven't been with a bio-male in over 17 years. But I didn't feel claiming Lesbian was proper, seemed misleading some. I present rather butch, but sexually am way more feminine. So I never felt quite right identifying as Butch, because I felt there were expectations that went along with that. (I am also evolving and learning that there are all kinds of butch.) I am attracted to all kinds and don't limit myself, so identifying as the opposite of what I prefer to date didn't work either.

Then a couple of years ago, I dated Dixie and she identified as Queer. She's very unique in many, many ways and I liked the way she embraced it. So I thought, "I can do this too." So there you go.....I'm QUEER. Get to know me and you will learn all my diversities.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: