Old 08-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Karysma

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Post Apocolyptic

Karysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Wink

Wow. Great replies. Thanks! I took a little while to digest what you all said..

Hominid - Great suggestions. I like the bit about getting my 'sea legs' back. That is so true. Though I am not sure I ever had any sea legs! lol! I can't remember that far back. I've been with her for almost half my life. I am thinking this may be more like finding that I do have sea legs. When you say that you change a lot in 18yrs that really hit home. I do feel like I am someone that I both don't recognize at all.. and someone I vaguely remember.

Of course I realize that this is WAY too soon to even contemplate dating. So much of my identity is wrapped up in being her partner. I would have nothing to offer anyone - and that is not fair.

Kittygrrl - Great article! I read it twice. I am glad to hear that I am on track with several suggestions. I suppose looking at it I am processing it ok. I do have to watch the negative talk about the 'other woman' because ultimately it doesn't even matter. I realize that. I don't even really blame her truth be told. But.. some of the stuff I found out covertly does not need to be put out there. If I knew her I would apologize.. but I don't know her like that soo...

ShyStoneFemme - I am so glad to meet someone who is making it through this. There are so many moments (and yes I say moments because that is how often I swing through those grief stages.. lol!) that I think.. how am I going to make it through this. It think I would be coping better had I seen it coming. I am so looking forward to a time when I am not thinking about her ALL the time. I still love her and that is the part that just hurts when I remember that she doesn't love me.. and the future that we were working towards a month ago (or I thought we were) is gone.

Daisy Chain - I totally agree that being alone does not equate loneliness. The biggest problem for me is that I am not alone - but I feel lonely. She is in the room.. she is talking to me.. but I can't touch her. That makes me feel lonely. It might actually help if she wasn't here to remind me that she doesn't want me. I definitely agree with the 'get out there' principle. I tend to be a very self sufficient, internal person. My spouse-ish was the social one arranging get togethers and such. I have been forced to reach out to people whom I haven't spoken to in a good while. It makes me feel bad that I feel like I am using our friendships when I wasn't in touch when things were good. I do have to work on that. It's hard when people are so far away - but I am so grateful to have such amazing friends that it doesn't really matter that we haven't spoken in years. We just seem to fall back into it.

Might I also say that I am so grateful that I have met such amazing people here. You have all been so supportive in what has been the worst experience in my life. (I guess its' good that I have been blessed enough to say that!)
You are all so kind forgiving of my inability to think about anything else.

I just can't wait until I can inhale without feeling the pain of losing her.

*shrugs*

Time. I know.

Karysma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karysma For This Useful Post: