Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am truly sorry that you are having to deal with this pain.

I was not legally married to my ex but we were in a committed relationship-well, at least I was-for 19-years.

I finally ended it due to her cheating and it was no less painful than if she had ended it.

The experience of her betrayal was gut-wrenching.

It took me a long time to heal and to be ready to move on. I know how crazy it sounds but I did not date for 10-years.

I guess I was a slow healer.

I woke up one day and realized my life was not over and that my heart could be open to someone new and just like that; I started dating again. I have even, finally, been able to forgive my ex and to accept that she was a flawed human, just as I am.

I fell in love and trusted again.

I strongly encourage you to go at your own pace and to not rebound-no matter how strong the temptation to look for that external validation. Let yourself heal.

You will.

(((Hugs)))

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: