Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

The same happened to me.

In September, we went to Foxwoods as my birthday present.

In October, we went to our class reunion together (yes, we had known each other since High School).

On Thanksgiving she left for 3 hours - told me she was going to her friends to take a shower because we had lost power the day before. I later found out that she was with the person she had been dating for quite some time prior.

On Thanksgicing, we did Christmas shoppong.

On Dec 8, we were divorced (no, I didn't know about it, I thought we were working on it).

On Dec 10, she returned all of the Christmas gifts. ...

I thought we were going to grow old and ugly together. Now I realize that I was mourning for the dreams that would never come true. I cried for months. And, I won't lie, up until recently, there were still some glimpses of pain when I was somewhere that brought back a memory.

Now, as of just recently, I am good.

And you will be too. I didn't believe it when others told me that it would get better. I swore, no way... I will be sad forever.... But it really does get better and it makes you stronger .

Sounds dumb but listen to music like "Strong Enough" from Cher... or music along those lines. Crank it up, dance and use that to release your sadness and anger..... if only for a few minutes.

I will be thinking of you and sending out some good energy.
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post: