How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Gastro-Love! Foodies and Kitchen-Dwellers UNITE!

Post all your food-love, utensil-love, gadgets and such here!
This isn't a photo-thread - Just a place to share our joy about all the things in the kitchen and belly.

I had a moment while cooking the other night where I was relishing in the burst of a lemon squeeze over simmering string beans, the earthy and acidic scent of finely-minced garlic, and the waft of an olive-oil plume over my favorite All-Clad pan.

JD has RUINED me on All-Clad cookware. I had a trusty set of Rachel Ray pans with bright orange silicon handles, glass lids, and non-stick surfaces and they served me well for a few years but DAMN, All-Clad is like cooking with a Humvee. Sturdy and durable, and able to take a beating (and yes, there is a joke in there somewhere but I'll leave it alone!)

I've been making a lot of meals in the last year with a white wine reduction so I've taken to buying Black Box Chardonnay when at home because our selection in Arkansas isn't great. Otherwise, I pick up a divinely cheap bottle of 2.79 Chardonnay at the local farmer's market and it is totally adequate for cooking.

Now, tell me all your delicious business!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: