Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I love spending time out in the kitchen too!

Lately, I'd say since last Christmas, I began to slowly 'weed' out all the usual flour, sugar and pre-packaged food things I used to keep on hand. I now buy alternate flour's, stevia, I still keep local honey stocked, but carefully use it (per doctor's orders), I also buy certain types of breads now too. I stock rice or almond milk, rather than regular milk. I don't drink coffee anymore but keep a small sampling of coffee to make for impromptu guest visits by friends or family. I drink herbal teas, hot or cold. Filtered water or natural spring water is the type of water I like, especially artesian water.

My kitchen has a few energy saving appliances, but the appliances not in use I keep unplugged. To save on the power bill, I switched to LED lights, and rarely use lights. But my favorite torchier lamp by my bed has twin lights, functions. One has a small natural light LED bulb, the other is a red LED bulb which I use or turn on late at night. I have light sensitivity so the LED lights have improved how my eyes feels, plus the bulbs last more than 13 years and although expensive, it's cut my power bill down greatly to use LED lighting and energy efficient appliances.

When I move I plan to invest in new pots and pans and buy several hand held can opener devices....electric ones are useful, but I prefer keeping a low power bill.

I love, Love, LOVE making apple pies. I also experiment with creating my own sauces and breads. Some turn out really good but replicating the same outcome varies widely....still.

Love your forum thread idea Medusa,,,,, and like you, I do like a clean kitchen.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: