View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 03:59 PM   #4925
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have been getting back out pretty regularly myself. I finally decided that it was worth the risk to get some PT for my knee, it was hampering my life too much. The PT I saw briefly a few months ago was standard issue pointless as provided by insurance, the kind where you see them for 5 minutes before being turned over to an intern watching 5 people. Went twice and saw that going nowhere.

A couple of weeks ago I signed on with a very good holistic PT and started twice a week 1 hour one on one work. Private room, all sanitized for each person, masks etc. I am making great progress and wish I had started this sooner, better now than not though. The pain is gone but for an occasional reminder when I am on very uneven ground, we are working on soft tissue manipulation in session and then I have work to do on the other days around posture and gait, no actual specific knee exercises but more on focusing on stabilizing muscle throughout my body. I don't have arthritis (what the Dr said) but have hyperextended it badly and had habits that kept exacerbating things. I am walking at the beach on sand 3 miles at a time barefoot 4 days a week virtually pain free. Hallelujah!

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: