Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Forgive my thread necromancy, but...

A bit, yes. Not because she's watching animu per se--I think every teenage nerd watches the animu--but because of the drivel she is watching (in particular, it would worry me that she seems like she might be interested in domineering jerkass dudes). You could perhaps try to steer her towards different shows, like the ones dykeumentary mentioned, and see if she takes to them. (I also liked Madoka, but strangely, I never did sit down and pick apart its themes from a feminist perspective; mostly I just watched and enjoyed. It's pretty brutal for a magical girl show, though.)

If you hear the words "Kill La Kill," though, then by all means, it is time to freak the fuck out.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote