View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #929
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
Daktari,

I completely agree that it requires a lifestyle change to successfully quit all nicotine. I quit for 2 years in my 20's cold turkey. I am eager to quit now and not return to this awful habit. I plan to make adjustments in all things connected to my nicotine habit in order to officially quit.

I understand that simply substituting the e-cig for a real cig is not great, but it's also, at least from what I read, much better than smoking something burning/on fire and known to cause cancer among other diseases. All moral debates aside, if you need the crutch to wean off nicotine, at least in my eyes, that is okay, as long as you work toward the goal of being nicotine free. If you do not and maintain a habit of vaping nicotine liquid, then it's still better than smoking a lit cigarette.

Meri

I agree that how one quits is not the focus, it is the desire...the will and finding a way. We are all different....and our needs are equally as different in our approaches to 'whatever'. I applaud and support anyone who wants to quit, tries to quit and even if unsuccessful is not judged by me because they did not quit like i did. I would encourage and continue to support the desire. What is the right way for you may not make it right for me. I am/ nor you are any weaker....no less strong....and in fact we are very human in making bad judgements at times. But I get back on that horse.....and try try again.....and I love myself for this.... being human....I would have it no other way! It has been 3 1/2 years, who cares how I did it.....or how many times it took.....I choose to see the successes!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: