meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Congratulations on each day. Been around along a time at meetings where One Day at a Time is a big celebration.
So again, CONGRATULATIONS.
Living in California I have the pleasure of being able to be at work, at a restaurant, and any public place and not be exposed to the second hand smoke. I'm not a ciggie basher, it is just so unpleasant to me, and I think it is due to being around a 2 pack a day partner and also my Mom, and then when not around it, I can breathe, taste, and smell things better.

I have been with people who quit drinking and doing drugs, but could not give up smoking. My Mom, for one. She went into an in-patient rehab program and quit those, but did not, could not give it up until it was too late.
She was diagnosed with oat cell, or smoker's cancer, and on that very day, told me it would still be hard to quit. She did quit during chemo and radiation, and by her own fighting will and the grace of God, lived almost 5 more years.

Mentioning Electronic Cig's , I know the FDA came down hard on them because of things Investigators found at their sites.
Electronic Cigarettes
Summary of Results: Laboratory Analysis of Electronic Cigarettes Conducted By FDA seen here
FDA announced that it had taken enforcement action against five electronic cigarette companies (seen here) for violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA), including unsubstantiated claims and poor manufacturing practices.
Bumping up this post; it bears repeating for several reasons. Don't ignore the laboratory results and FDA enforcement actions...