LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I am in an LDR and I am really happy. We met via a mutual friend and we started with a solid rock foundation of friendship. He is in school and should graduate within a year. I have very deep roots in my community plus I have children and a support system. His roots are not located where he lives.

Obviously, if anyone moves, he will. But, right now is not the time. He needs a quiet place to study so he can graduate on time.

I think that part of our success is that we are both open with each other, we both take times for ourselves and we still give the other what we need to feel loved. We live 4.5 hours away so we try to see each other every month or so.

I also think that one of the main keys to what works for us is really knowing and supporting the other. He is an introvert. He likes his time to veg out in front of the TV or with a movie. He likes NOT having to be anywhere except home or work or school. And he supports that I am an extrovert. He knows I want to go off with friends, go to events, have fun and stay busy. He supports that. Every time I go out, he talks to me during the ride home to make sure I arrive safely then stays on the line while I get inside and get the door locked.

I honestly think that you get out of anything what you put into it. We both put a lot into our relationship and we get a lot back.

I do not have any friends here who know me in real life but if I did, they would chime in and tell you that what I have, is truly wonderful and that the happiness it brings is evident.

EDIT to add:
Our two year anniversary is approaching btw. The exact date however, depends on which of us you ask since we both view it differently based on the events that we feel mark it.

Last edited by LaneyDoll; 08-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.
LaneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LaneyDoll For This Useful Post: