View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #36
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I was wondering if we as a community could help others out that are new and or are discovering themselves in the coming to terms with coming out or that they are wondering if they would even label themselves gay, bi or lesbian. Some may not even consider those labels because they feel its the person they are attracted to. Can you tell a story of what types of struggles you encountered. Such as; were you single at the time, dating men, married to a man... etc. Also did you have struggles with coming to terms with whether or not you even thought of yourself as gay, bi or lesbian in that process.

I was reading an article the other day. I was shocked to be so blind to the struggles that some people have gone through. Some were married to men and some were single and dating men. All their struggles shocked me. I was so blind to the struggles that they had gone through. Because I knew at an early age and a lot of these women were much older (35-50) coming to terms with it. Some had been married for 10 to 25yrs. Some had married 2 and 3 times and never understood why they weren't fully happy.

I'm hoping you all could help some new people out. I know that there are many people that come on to this site and other sites searching for some answers. I think the Planet is a good place for those people lurking in the back ground to find a safe place to know that they are NOT A LONE!
Wow! Strappie, I can't tell you how much it means to me reading this!!
I wish I could share my story but I don't dare to do it other than privately, and even that only to some ppl...
But it does help me a lot and gives me hope to read that someone understands and respects other coming out journeys... Coming out late in life is far from easy and I've come across so many obstacles that many times I wonder if it isn't too late...
I really don't know how to thank you... Words sound cheap... but I hope you understand anyway...

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to agape For This Useful Post: