Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #57
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

Forgive me my poet friends, I woke up tired, only 2 sips of coffee yet and I'm not even sure what I want to say. Upon speaking with a poet friend and asking the thread leader to be able to have a place where we could ask questions, comment on, bring in some of the Masters... well, basically talk about any aspect of poetry and writing included, (your input needed here - what would you like to see more of?) This thread already being here and our hostess, being so gracious, well - come join us?

For a little fun and to bring in some of the works of the Masters for discussion - my girlfriend found this site that tells you who you might write like. You just plug in a piece of your poetry or writings and it analyzes it (which I haven't done yet), it is at:

http://iwl.me/

I read through the first 3 pages of this thread and of course, there are very many excellent poems posted there which I will bring some more in, but noticed a poet named "Womenmoveme" who said that they'd only written three poems ever and posted them there. I was very impressed with all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
Not much of a poet, not certain I get it really. However, I suppose most all of us give it a whirl at some point in our lives. This was my one and only attempt:

A Beauty Unsurpassed

With a beauty unsurpassed by any,
that’s how our love should have grown,
but I took advantage with my selfish ways,
oh if only I could have known.

That I would so soon, yearn to touch your hair,
and feel the blessedness of your smile,
to once again enrapture your laughing heart,
and this time keep it laughing all the while.

For childish reason I disowned your love,
for a pain of which you knew naught,
oh if only I could have known back then,
the sheer joy your love could have brought.

So bestow me your sincerest forgiveness,
although your word values more than my worth,
and our lives shall grow together as one,
as our love regains strength in rebirth.
Out of curiosity's sake, I cut and pasted their piece into the analyzer, it says this person writes like H. P. Lovecraft. I will go look at H. P. Lovecraft's work now. I don't know if "Womenmoveme" is still around, but you have a natural talent for poetry and I want to encourage you to keep writing. You're very good IMO, especially for a beginner!
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kast For This Useful Post: