Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
I'll have you know, Dapper, the investigation is underway--getting to the bottom of this festival's annual claim has become a top priority!

P.S. I'm pretty sure they don't mean "at this very second."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
Dapper,

I forgot to get back to you on this, and I'm sure many others have also been waiting with bated breath to hear the results of my investigation after your disputing this event's yearly claim of it being 'North America's Only Lesbian Film Festival.'

I did write the organizers to ask them for verification of the claim, but, unfortunately, I haven't received a response back. I do plan on asking about this yearly claim to an organizer when I attend the event next weekend.

However, after an EXTENSIVE online search (and I do admit the fallibilities of Google), I did not find ONE solely LESBIAN film festival. There were LGBTQ (or some variation of) and Queer and even ones identified as Women's film festivals; however, this is the only one I can find that is solely identified as a LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL in North America.

Dapper, what were the names of the SOLELY lesbian film festivals you attended? Maybe that will help. As you know, LGBT or QUEER or Women's film festivals will not be allowed as contradicting the London's festival's claim. It must be designated as a soley LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL in order for your opposition to their claim to be warranted.

P.S. Tickets are still on sale!
Not Canadian but my curiosity was piqued so I hunted, too. I found no other strictly lesbian-identified film festivals besides the one you listed Soon.

If you found an additional one, you were a better investigator than I!

There are tons of film festivals but they are all-inclusive: LGBTQ.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: