The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Hey folks,

The site seems to be getting slower to load, switch between pages, waiting for posts to load. I don't think it is my connection cuz other sites work fine.

Plus today, I got the database error page while trying to access pm's. Had to close down the site and reopen to get it to work.

Have cleared all the cache and stuff.
I've cleared the server's cache so let me know if that helps. If not I may have to do a reboot to clear out left over connections from our multitude of spammers and/or attackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I have been having similar issues for the last couple of days. Another thing that I have noticed is that the site is logging me off fairly frequently, perhaps every hour or so. The logging off part is not a problem, I am guilty of wandering off for long periods of time, it is just different than it used to be.
The reality is that the slowdown is a side effect of a lot of things. I mentioned a few above but we also have the reality of being a large, active site that gets attention of others, malicious and other wise.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote