How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I read back through this thread and didn't see anywhere even one person say:

...there's only one way to ID as butch

...that there's only one way to be queer

...that any persons ID is wrong

...that any ID is better

...that anyone even took anothers ID as a dis to there own

...anyone accused of taking up too much space

...that butch can't stand alone

...anyone doesn't belong here

I haven't even seen any general animosity toward any other ID from any ID... OP or posters and I question seriously why anyone would want to make it look like that considering we're trying to foster community for everyone here right? Or are we trying to perpetuate some divide?

What I have seen is Dapper's post about and request that female ID being mixed up with women ID in discussion and that it makes hym uncomfortable even though hy ID's as neither. I think there was a misunderstanding that Dapper was requesting only women ID butches were responsible and should work on it.

Somewhere midway through Dapper said : "I can see how my post may have appeared to be directed towards butch women. It was directed towards everyone for their thoughts."

By this time per usual because of the misunderstanding the thread was slightly derailed, I say slightly because the topic was about female and butch women being used interchangably and those ID's and related were still being spoken about.

That said... I wish that in the interest of the whole community we would read the threads before we jump in and make huge generalized sweeping negative comments about entire groups, ID's sexes or genders and then paint them as thee ones dissing, divisive or downgrading any other IDs. This is how shit gets stirred not how stuff gets fixed or threads get back on track for the OP.

Instead of really heating things up with "look! They're the one's creating all the divisiveness! Listen to what I'm going to say they did!"... how about quoting individuals? How about addressing the actual posters who offended and dealing with that person individually... unless of course we're trying actually to paint or make a statement about ALL people in that group... to which that'd be the true singling out and painting of an entire identity, sex or gender for what-ever motive.

We ALL have a right to speak up, butch women in this thread have a right to speak up here when spoken about, trans people have a right to speak up for themselves, butches have the right, femmes so on and so on... it's NOT an affront to other IDs when people do speak about themselves especially when spoken to or about in the OP.

That's one thing I definately agree we need to get the hell past...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: