Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #75
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
During the 12+ years that I have been a part of the online b/f community, there has always been an acknowledgment that not all female identified butches define as women. Posts have always reflected this awareness.

In the threads that I have been reading over the last several months (including the current ones in the trans zone), on this site, it seems as though the words, at times, are starting to be used interchangeably (female and woman), or we, at least are maybe moving towards that.

Although I am a TG Butch (I do not identify as a "female identified butch", or a "male identified butch"), I am still "butch" and it hurts my heart a little (which is simply WEIRD in and of it itself, lol), when I see this happening. It was nice to be a part of a community that separated out one's sex (female), from one's gender (woman).

I think (my theory) that the reason this is occuring is b/c several of our more verbal female id'd butches on this site define as both female and women, so the term "butch women" seems to be used a lot (as a natural form of expression for them). It seems as though when the site first started, care was taken to separate out female from women as it was at the other popular b/f sites, but that kind of slid away here.

I am writing this post as a reminder that many butches do not define as women and to request those peeps who are open to respecting this, try to reflect this in the wording of their posts.

(I hope that this post is read in the earnest, sincere, and genuine way in which it was written..and not in a "sense of entitlement" sort of way. I do not think that I am the only one who is concerned about this issue).

Thanks.
Well, I am quite amazed at some of the hostility but not really surprised at the responses here. The bolded portion is what I responded to. I was never hostile towards Dapper nor hys id (which is neither butch woman or female identified butch). I haven't seen anyone be hostile towards the OP and there wouldn't be any reason to be so.

There are great threads discussing butches who don't id as women as well trans threads on this site. I haven't seen any disruption of them whatsoever and have seen butch women express their appreciation in them.

I will say for the third time here- I think there needs to be more discussion of women (butch as well as other women) in butch femme communities, not less. I will work towards trying to help create more positive spaces instead of butting up against openly hostile people. I have started a thread for Dykes and Lesbians as well as Friends and Allies. Everyone is welcome. Heart started a thread on Women as well. I hope there are more discussions about Women on this site and that people of all genders participate in them. There are other interesting topics that do not pertain to Women specifically to discuss as well.

Best Wishes,
BullDog

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: