Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #78
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I don't think Dapper was speaking to butch women only but rather to the community at large. (I could be wrong but that was how I understood the thread since it's under the general Gender, Labels, Identities forum rather than The Butch Zone).

I almost equate this to "I recognize others but I don't want to be lost in the shuffle either please". I don't think it's wrong for someone to want to stand up and let their voice be heard as is; that it is neither wrong or right but the way they are, the way we all are, the diverseness of "we" make our community that much more greater.

Linus, you are exactly right. That is what I was exactly trying to do in that first post. Not let an identity get lost in the shuffle.

And that was the reason why I wanted it in the Gender, Labels, Identities section....b/c I wanted everyone to read it and wanted to make sure it was in a section everyone would feel comfortable responding in...b/c it was written for everyone. It is why I requested in my second post that it be moved there.

I also stated this directly when BullDog said that it appeared to be directed at butch women, specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
.....What I have seen is Dapper's post about and request that female ID being mixed up with women ID in discussion and that it makes hym uncomfortable even though hy ID's as neither. I think there was a misunderstanding that Dapper was requesting only women ID butches were responsible and should work on it.

Somewhere midway through Dapper said : "I can see how my post may have appeared to be directed towards butch women. It was directed towards everyone for their thoughts."

By this time per usual because of the misunderstanding the thread was slightly derailed, I say slightly because the topic was about female and butch women being used interchangably and those ID's and related were still being spoken about....

Actually, Met, that is not the way I see it to have gone down. I believe that the derail happened after I clarified (on page one). I think that is pretty obvious if you look back in the thread.

BullDog...you have said a heck of a lot as to how you view me/my post/what you thought I was saying....fortunately, for me the thread is short enough that people will easily be able to see how you strangely went from "Dapper, I think I understand a little bit more of what you were saying based on your response to Nat." (post #17), which essentially came with a cyber handshake, to strangely seeing things in a completely different way later on.

Side note: I really appreciate all those who spoke out and indicated that they understood what it was I was trying to say. I was completely floored by the negative responses I got as I expected that at most my entire post would get a nod, as the whole post was meant to be nothing more than a simple reminder as to something many people have said many times. I had NO idea it would spark such controversy. If I had ANY sense of that possibility, I never would have posted.

Last night I believed that nothing I posted in response would be heard by the posters who misunderstood what I was saying. I worried that I would be misinterpreted and that others would perceive me as being <a lot of the things that Dylan said>, no matter what I said. So, I posted nothing....I felt very silenced. I don't now....thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: