julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
i decided to forego Seder this year at my synagogue...i am barred from actual membership because of who i am...until i came out to them several years ago there was absolutely nothing wrong with me working with the middle school kids and hosting 4 exchange students from Israel...

i do have a couple of options...the LGBT group at one of the other synagogues will be having their own Seder or i can have my own...

i was thrilled to discover last weekend that the Fresh Market here in Charlotte carries whole wheat matzo which means i don't have to go to the Kosher Mart on Sunday...i really dislike that store...
Miss Scarlett I am so sorry you are not welcome at your shul! I am assuming you are Orthodox? I am at a Conservative synagogue and my Rabbi is very involved in Keshet and is so welcoming to me and my partner. It has been wonderful.

I have yet to do a true seder at my house. It is daunting and I feel intimidated. I am grateful that we have an invitation.

SO sunday is the big clean for me. We have our matzah already and except for the super chametz mix I feed our two ratties we will be chametz free.

I hope you have a good seder wherever you decide to go.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote