Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Although I think it is wonderful that this day exists to encourage people to embrace who they are, it saddens me that we in fact have to have a day like this. I've spent some of the day defending myself and other "gay" folk to heterosexuals who wonder why must we have yet another day...we have Pride, we have wear Pink to work day...I said if society would just accept people for who they are no matter who they sleep with, what politics they hold what "God" they wish to serve...we could have Joy 365 days out of the year. I am fortunate that my workplace celebrates diversity in all it's forms and in fact our intranet site spoke to National Coming Out day which is what prompted the discussion. I celebrate daily who I am, an intelligent, confident, caring woman that is the core of who I am, the fact that I am a lesbian is but one facet of me and yet it is this that is constantly questioned, harassed and ridiculed. I would gladly celebrate a "We are all Equal Day" if only we could get others to believe it....so I stand tall today and acknowledge who I am and will gladly hold the hand of any other person who wants to take this journey but is unsteady on their feet.
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post: