Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Here's a recipe I use for making stir fry, given to me by a dear friend from when I was in college. He was a practicing vegetarian and I always loved the meals he would make.

Robert's recipe for Tofu Stir Fry

Ingredients:

a bar of Tofu
Soy Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce
Organic vegetables: Carrots & Kale & Brocolli buds
Raw organic almonds
Yakisoba noodles
Organic coconut oil
Spices: sea salt, cracked pepper, chili pepper flakes and Cardamom (optional)

Preparation:

1) Take your bar of tofu and slice it up like you would a loaf of bread. Arrange the tofu in a small pan or dish so you can soak the tofu in Soy sauce.

2) While the tofu is marinating in Soy sauce, wash 2 small sized carrots and half a bunch of kale and the broccoli buds. Next, prepare the carrots using a sliced, Julienne method; then slice up the kale into thin strips, as well. If the almonds you have on hand are whole, slice them as thinly as possible too. The brocolli buds should be fairly small: What I do is take each stem of broccoli and make smaller buds from each one.

3) Use a fairly large caste iron skillet (or a wok, if you have one). Heat your pan first, then add about a tablespoon of coconut oil. Keep a brush handy nearby, because you'll want to re-distribute the oil around the pan before you put the Tofu and vegetables in to fry.

4) Once the pan is ready, retrieve the marinated tofu and slice it up into small squares before you put it into the pan.

5) Now, put the tofu into the pan; then begin to add your prepared vegetables to the mixture too. Use a wooden spoon to stir the elements around the pan, on a fairly consistent rotation. Once the vegetables appear to take on brighter colors, this is your cue to open up your package of Yakisoba noodles and add them the mixture of Tofu and veggies that are frying in the pan. I sometimes have to cut up the noodles into smaller portions; but however you choose to untangle the noodles, be fairly quick because you don't want to leave your tofu and veggies unattended for too long.

6) Once you add the noodles to the mixture in the stir fry pan, begin again to stir all the ingredients so that they are evenly heated. Once I add the noodles, it takes about 5 to ten minutes before everything appears to be cooked to a finished appearance. When this happens, then add a bit of sea salt, crack some pepper over it too; then I like to sprinkle a little bit of chili pepper flakes, a hint of cayenne pepper and then about a sprinkle or two of cardamom. After I add the spices, I stir it all up again, then I add a few swirls of Teriayki sauce to it and re-stir again.

7) Turn off the heat to the pan, your stir fry is done.

*** it takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to put this meal together.

Here's an example of what it should look like when your finished with cooking your stir fry meal:

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: