Old 08-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Well we are on our fourth home in our 35th year of our on again we were off for a bit relationship....
Now that all of our kids are over 19 we decided to sell the big huge cardboard box and go for smaller...so we downsized to 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.. ( I should have held out for 3 bathrooms)

In our downsizing to a smaller cardboard box,,,we tossed (actually let the kids take everything cept the dining room) and started again from scratch....We decided we deserved it since for 27 years its been all about the kids..and kid friendly.

Well it is over a year and....we are still decorating..and all that stuff and things have changed....

Originally the plan was a seafoam with black piping sofa and chair...accompanied by this vast collection of oriental black lacquer carved end tables coffee tables,,,etc etc...in the living room to: OMG we have grandkids we r watching all the time.....it changed to:
leather sofa, love seat and chair......still no coffee table or end table cause we can not agree on what we want, nad what we like just is not feasible with two grandkids playing in the living room......but we did agree on a new yamaha clarinova piano for that room.....

we bought beds..for all the bedrooms but not the furniture stuff except for lissy's room cause we still havent found what we are looking for.
in my case the antique burl mahogany I want....in Jen's case the shiney modern but oh gee that looks nice...i cant make up my mind.....
Luckily,
colors of the walls are all agreed and done....thos someone thought the shade of yellow in the Dining room was ugly,,,,she came around when i hung the drapes and found just the perfect wall hangings..

We both like color..

my bedroom is pumpkin a little more pumpkin than planned...with white trim...and with7 windows in the room a large double closet door and a door the walls are well broken up...so it is not overwhelming...but..finding drapes and bedding stuff that is not all fru fru that goes with this color....has not been easy..

jen's bedroom is a rose pinkish color with hardwood and tiled rose floor.....with 4 windows nice and bright and airy....a lot like her....we found a wonderful chair on sale at laZboy that is sort of reddish pinkish that goes perfectly in her room..now if she will just decide on the actual BR furniture...

lissy's bedroom is a ripe avacado with an antique green stained wodden poster bed...white trim and bright 70's style curtains and all her furniture is white ...it sounds like...but it is beautiful...and perfect for a 19 year old. as she says especially the giant flat screen on her wall....

the lounge was wedgewood blue and white...but with all the oriental furniture in there....it needs to be changed....ro something that goes with seafoam....in all probability a light muted steel

living room is 3 colors,,,white trim the fireplace wall is a muted blechy cream/tan but not quite...and the large wall is a sort of pomegranate
with the fireplace being off white antique whatever... and the marble surrounding it and then the deep hardwood flooring....this was not an easy room to contemplate....but luckily there is only one full wall not broken up by windows or doors....

And since prior to obtaining this home we did agree that,,red would be in it somewhere....jen loves red..pomegranate was a great....color we could agree on....(I dont like red)

This is the first house where we really had to be concerned about window treatments/blinds etc......and the only thing we agree on is we both do not like window blinds etc...but out of necessity (we live in town on a busy street now) we have submitted to drapes and treatments and other icky stuff as opposed to hanging large stain glass and calling it a curtain
Luckily our 2nd floor has lots of windows for the stain glass and the third floor...has a wonderful landing area for some crazy art work and my definition of window dressinga....stain glass....and sheers tho all the BR windows had to get window treatments and drapes and crap...

I guess some of it has to do with our knowing each other for sooooooooooooooo long and the fact that we have lived under the dame roof for the majority of the past 35 years... ...we know each others tastes ..and bluntly we have very different style and taste...but there is enough common ground on color...and wackiness.that a room all comes together.with the colors, styles and interesting piece of...that goes with nothing but damn it looks good there...

dean