Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #32
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

When we first moved in together, neither of us had much in the way of furniture or decorations that we were especially attached to. I'd sold most of my furniture before I moved to Oregon, so we actually didn't have much when we moved into our first apartment together. We got rid of her futon because it was falling apart and kept my bed (which was a full, too small for both of us, but still better than a broken futon). We didn't own a sofa until one of her coworkers gave us one. For close to a year, our only living room furniture was a pair of matching pink recliners that were given to us by someone who just wanted them out of her house.

We finally moved into a house two years ago. We were able to get rid of all our old hand-me-down furniture and buy new. We chose all the furniture together, and we luckily have very similar tastes. We're both fond of clean lines and neither of us likes things are a fussy or frilly. Our landlord also let us pick out paint colors and painted everything before we moved in. The living rooms is all warm, neutral earth tones. The kitchen is pretty much mine, and painted a dark, brick red with white cabinets. We both love purple, so the bedroom walls are lilac with a royal purple accent wall. We both need our own space, so we moved into a 3 bedroom house and we each have our own office that's our own little domain. The paint colors we chose got accidentally switched in the offices, though. We moved in and discovered that my office is painted pale grey (was supposed to be hers) and hers is sage green (which I chose). We didn't want to switch offices, though, and neither of us hates the color we got, so we're not worried about it.

As far as decorating, we compromise. We agree on most things, and deal with our disagreements. Turquoise is one of her favorite colors, but I *hate* it. Therefore, anything turquoise colored goes in her office. There are a few things in the main areas of the house that aren't necessarily to my taste, but she likes them, so they stay. I'm sure I've picked out a few things she doesn't like, too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post: