View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #75
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

We rarely let the cats outside, and when we do, they usually stay confined to the front porch with no desire to wander off. The day Ember died, Mare engulfed Herself in gardening to keep Her mind occupied. As She as working, a small tuft of Ember's hair was found in the tulips - an area where he never wandered. I told Her that was his way of letting Her know that he is with Her.

That tuft of hair and his collar is now encased in a small metal heart. A small memento of a cat who spent many years comforting Mare, especially when She couldn't sleep. Last night was one of those nights for Her. She was always able to hug him close and he willingly allowed it accompanied with loud purrs.

Ember was extra special to Mare because She got him at a time when he needed to be bottle fed. He was literally Her baby.

I'll miss the nights "arguing" with him about getting off my pillow because it was my bedtime. Or, park himself on my side of the bed and look at me with those big, soulful eyes guilting me every time I had to move him along. He was certainly royalty in this house and he will be an incredibly hard act to follow.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post: