View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #22
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
so..does anyone else have problems getting pain meds from their Dr? I swear my Dr is so paranoid! I ask for pain meds twice a year. I ask for maybe two weeks worth of meds at a time. Wow. Some addict I am. And I ask only for enough to help me sleep..not 24 hour coverage. YET...my Dr refuses to give them to me! I have to read her the riot act and go in, show her how damn crippled up I am, break down into tears, which makes me feel like I am at her mercy instead of a grown up to be trusted, before she takes me in earnest. After treating me for almost 3 years, why cant she just take my word for it?

THIS is why the little green plant has become my friend at rare times
This enrages me! I have two herniated discs...and I'm a nurse. I work 12 hour shifts where I am on my feet for most of those hours. Yet, when the pain gets bad enough that I can barely walk and I go to my Dr....he looks at me like I'm an addict! MORON!! Look at my medical history!! Do you SEE an abuse of medication?? Thanks for making me feel like my pain doesn't really matter when you see that I can barely walk or stand upright. I swear, compassion is sorely lacking in healthcare. Note: Like softness...I only ask for the pain meds when it gets really bad...MAYBE twice a year, and only enough to get me through a week or so until the pain subsides enough that I can function...yep, if I'm an addict I'm sure as hell doing it wrong!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: