Old 07-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #625
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
The trans boy wanted to wrestle on the boys' team and they would not allow him to.

I don't know how to explain the issue of strength any better than I have.

If you believe that a 17 year old boy has an advantage over a 17 year old girl, than this trans boy (who is taking testosterone), would have the same advantage.

I believe that those who have testosterone as the primary hormone flowing in their bodies (cis males, and trans males who are on testosterone), should compete against each other. I believe that people who do not have testosterone as their primary hormone (cis females, and trans female who are on testosterone blockers), should compete against each other. I believe that if a trans boy, who is NOT on testosterone wants to compete with the boys, that is his right. He is coming from a place of disadvantage, not advantage. I would have difficulty with a trans girl competing against cis girls if she was not taking a testosterone blocker. I believe that competition should start from a place of being on equal footing, not with one person having an advantage over another.

Supplements that supposedly increase testosterone do not work in cis women. They only work in men.
I agree that transgender youth should compete with the biological gender they identify with.
cisgender males have their entire life to build their muscle mass, so they have a clear advantage. The only real way to make 1 on 1 sports fair would be to measure muscle mass, and adjust the divisions of competition on that basis instead of weight, pero that is not likely to happen (people resist any kind of change).

I thank you for your patience and understanding and for the knowledge you have imparted to me. I have found another site that will give me more specific information on my grandchild's situation (MtF). I will bother you no further. I apologize for the intrusion into your conversation. Again, thank you very much for the insight.
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote