View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #247
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Just the usual again tonight.

I'm starting to recognize people at my gym, which feels good. The staff knows me, and there is one boy in particular with curly hair that I always say Hi to when I come in.

I've never been to a gym where people were as encouraging to each other as in this one. The men hang out in little groups and so do the women—I've never seen that in a gym before.

A lot of the men are very developed in their upper bodies, and very tattooed. They do a lot of stuff on the mats, old-school pushups and other configurations that look self-taught.

When I smile at the women, they smile back, and lately, they've started initiating interaction with me, which I like. I'm white, and I'm alone, which kind of makes me stand out, but now that I've been going there a few months, I'm starting to feel like I blend in and belong.

I used to be more shy there but now I'm not afraid to say, "Are you gonna do another set?" (in a nice way), when some young guy has been sitting there a long time messing with his phone. And they're always extremely respectful. When I'm waiting for one of them to get off a machine, if he was really trying I sometimes say, "Good work!" like a teacher, and they beam.

The older women are sort of that way with me, which is nice. They sometimes comment on the amount of weight I use, in a complimenting way. Sometimes I will join in with another woman to encourage someone else to use more weight.

I'm older, but among the most fit of the women, and I'm naturally competitive and always feel proud when I get on a machine and move the weight up to my level. On the other hand when I get on a machine after one of the men (most of them are really good about spritzing and wiping down the machine and I always reinforce it with a Thank you!), I sometimes comment with admiration on the unfuckingbelievable amount of weight they use.

I'm getting stronger, and I like how my heart pounds on each machine. Tonight I did an extra machine—so that was 14 machines, three sets of 15 reps on each one.