View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:49 AM   #179
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
In my case, regarding milk (all dairy products), I just had to stop consuming dairy products because any diary product converts to sugar in the blood stream, almost instantaneously (at least in my case, that's how it went down). I also broke our in rashes; rashes that took a long time to heal.

I drink Coconut milk or coconut water instead of dairy.

I can't have soy products due to how soy products affect my natural hormone structures (female hormones) and how it has the potential to make my heart condition worse. So I don't use soy products, anymore. I did, in the beginning. But my blood tests revealed hormone changes, which my doctor linked to soy consumption; so I don't eat soy products anymore.

I am kind of a cross between being vegetarian and vegan in that I don't eat products produced by animals or eat animal meat -- EXCEPT -- for tuna, I do have Tuna in seasonal ways, maybe less than five or 6 times a year, and I do like to have boiled eggs, but not often. I don't like to eat any traditional animal meat.... because of I feel it's cruel, eating animals or raising animals to eat them. I just can't do it, for a number of reasons.

Not eating dairy is super important, for my own health recovery. Not eating things that convert easily to sugar in the blood stream is even harder. Giving up breads and certain types of grains, like pasta, was and is very hard on me... but I just commit to do the best I can, every day.

I think it's a hard thing to do, to look out for your own health and hope that one is making the right choices. I say just do what is best for you, CCB.

Enjoy what you can, while you can. Because that's what I do.

Stick with what works for you and hopefully you'll find some great cheese alternatives out there, that you can get once in a while.

Tonight I stopped at Trader Joe's and they had cartons of fresh Mission Figs.

I bought some. I'd share, if I wasn't out here on the west coast. You're out on the east coast, so that's a loooong ways from where I live. Do you like Mission Figs?
For me, dairy doesn't quickly convert to sugars. Luckily. White flour, forget it. And I'm relying way too much on that in my diet because it's cheap. I was hoping making more dairy free choices would help me move away from relying on boxes of mac and cheese or frozen pizza or pasta roni. They're so cheap and so easy but it's not great on my blood sugar.

Frozen veggies and tofu stir fry like nycfem suggested should be affordable, as well as cans of beans and crock pot meals. I will also try the nutritional yeast.

I'm not even looking to go vegan cold turkey, just stop relying and cheese/carb combo as the basis of my diet. I have no issues with consuming soy and like almond milk. Still don't think it tastes good in tea though lol.

PS: THNK YOU everyone!! I do not care for figs.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: