View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #59
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,032 Times in 9,962 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Found an interesting comment, made by a poster on an NPR article this morning, about that family from Arizona who were rescued at sea. Don't know if this will make anyone else smile, but I found myself smiling while reading the comments section. (Link to NPR article found ~>>> HERE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Brittingham
People are incapable of understanding that not everyone wants to live in a subdivision, eat at the "Olive Garden", and waste their lives in front of the TV. When I left college and decided to wander the country tending bar where ever I wound up, everybody said I was crazy. When I opened my first restaurant, at 26 years of age, on little more than entirely unproven confidence in my own ability and about a third of the money I needed to do it right, everybody said I was crazy. When I sold the place 5 years later and bought open ended "Around the World Fare" tickets for myself and my girlfriend and took off without any idea where we'd wind up or when we'd be back, everybody said I was crazy. When I came home and decided to buy a fire damaged Victorian era house and strip it to the frame and rebuild it without a day's experience in construction, everybody said I was crazy. Now, I live in one of the nicest houses in town with my beautiful wife and daughter and, everybody thinks I've lived a fascinating life. You just have to shrug off the constant nay saying of doughy-bodied know-it-alls and hope that you are smart enough to survive by your own wits. The Gastonguay family obviously is not. But, good on them for taking a chance, even if it was motivated by religious lunacy.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: