Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess, Diva, best bitch ever
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Domestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 of 100

98 left to go

BTW last nights lasagna was an A+ by Lee's parents!

tonight on the menu
Klumpkies...or stuffed cabbage rolls....

i really had no idea what it took to pull this off, I wasted an entire head of cabbage because if you dont soften the leaves just right...they are a gooys mess of ick!

So head number 2....properly softened and rolls tight with a mix of hamburger carmalized onions and garlic and jasmine rice...called for white rice but it gets so mushy in the oven...ick!
rolled tight and layered on a bed of tomatoe sauce in a 9x13...baked in the oven...
I really wanted to go a lil further but I kinda feel like I have to start with the basic recipe before I can go all dramatic with it and also sometimes less is more...
They really are simple, and ohh so irish! My hunny loves irish pub food and I am not experienced with either...! But if I don't say it came out exactly how I thought they would.

I coupled it with Irish soda bread...
I have had this stuff before and its so simple and nice!
OMFG! I will go ahead and say that if you dont have the ability to just go with it then don't atempt this...
I have made bread before its not really that hard, but this dough looks NOTHING like any bread dough I have ever seen
I had to stop and look at the reciept and make sure I had it all...ohh and also you really do have to use a wooden spoon, an electric mixer puts to much air in the dough.
It's hard to stir and dense...but I went with it...ohhh that heavenly aroma that stirred about in my kitchen!
I was starving by the time dinner was done cooking.
It is an Irish feast to be had and I pulled it off...
I'm tired and my arms are killing me...BUT! nothing comes easy right!

I found myself in the zone in the kitchen...all the stress of the day just kinda diddnt matter. the fact that I was creating something was just more important. Music cranked up high and a hand towel over my shoulder I felt like I belonged there...someone suggested to me that I do it for a living...HELL NO, I don't wanna play with anyone else...I find it erotic to cook with Lee...but some smelly sweaty gross...nope no way...not happenin!

Tomarrows dish...Pulled pork baked beans and coleslaw....

I also wanted to comment on what a few of you asked...Will I share a reciept..sure if you want it...Ill send it to ya...am I bold...honey in ways you will never dream of....and please if you have a tip share with me!

*poof*
Domestic Diva is offline   Reply With Quote