Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I don't know if it's domestic or international terrorism but they were definitely "small scale" bombings - meant to draw attention (international attention), not meant for mass casualties. It seems likely the bombs were placed in trash cans on the sidewalks, which is also indicative small attention getting/statement making terrorist acts.

It goes without saying that any causalities and injuries are horrific regardless of the quantities.

But if the bombers/bombing organizations wanted to cause mass casualties the bombs would have gone often earlier (at the height of the race), would have been much bigger, and likely in bigger targets (like the Prudential Center).

There have been reports out that both the start and finish lines of the race had bomb sniffing dogs and a much higher (and notable) police presence and that race organizers and volunteers stated their presence was "just a drill".

It's terrible regardless of who committed the act.

I agree. With 20,000 official runners and thousands of spectators at the starting line, and other more populated areas along the route, this could have been catastrophic.

The news reports are getting so redundant now, I can recite them verbatim.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: